Enjoying this article?
Subscribe to receive occasional emails from ClickTM on product updates and industry innovations:
Share this artice:
The good people at Boa® Technology sent out a press release this morning announcing our official partnership:
Boa® Technology Announces Partnership with newly launched Click Medical
Click Medical Provides Custom Medical Closure and Adjustment Solutions
Denver, Colo. (March 27, 2014) – Boa Technology, Inc., and newly incorporated Click Medical, have partnered to provide solutions for custom orthotic, prosthetic, and adjustable cast medical devices, all powered by the Boa® Closure System. By providing assembled kits of Boa components, specially designed and optimized for certain types of medical devices, Click Medical enables an orthopedic doctor, a prosthetist or an orthotist to create unique closure and adjustment solutions for the devices they provide their patients. Boa will continue to provide its Boa Closure System to medical brands that produce ready-made medical devices and footwear including Ossur, DeRoyal, 3M, Exos and Dr. Comfort among others.
“The custom market has embraced the Boa Closure System because it can easily be adapted to accommodate a huge variety of fit and adjustment challenges. The system allows the medical practitioner to create efficient movement of certain areas of the brace, and/or closure of the brace itself. The patient undergoes a vastly improved user experience that empowers them to easily put on, take off, and adjust their brace, which then leads to better comfort, support and ultimate usage of the product,” said Jimmy Capra, CEO of Click Medical & former Director of the Medical Business Unit at Boa Technology.
While building the medical business at Boa Technology, Capra often uncovered opportunities within the custom market that did not fit within Boa’s business model of developing mass produced products with its manufacturing partners. “In order to fulfill the demand for Boa usage on custom products, which are made individually to each patient, it made the most sense to create a new company that could focus on and support this portion of the medical industry. Thus was born, Click Medical,” Capra added.
In an effort to fully build out the opportunity surrounding kits for customized products, Click Medical joined forces with already established Revo Limb, LLC. Revo Limb integrates the Boa Closure System into custom prosthetic sockets making sockets adjustable, so there is no need to don and doff liner socks to accommodate daily volume changes. Their product and customer base matched the exact target of Click Medical, and both entities agreed that collectively they would be better served via Click Medical. Thus Revo Limb’s products and personnel will now operate through Click Medical.
Click Medical partners include:
· Revo Limb is currently working with thousands of prosthetists who provide patients with sockets that can be adjusted on-the-fly to facilitate optimal performance and fit.
· SPS National Labs launched the Intersect AFO in February, delivering the Intersect to orthotists as a fully fabricated Ankle Foot Orthotic with integrated Click Medical kits installed by SPS’s central fabrication facilities.
· The American Society of Orthopedic Professionals (ASOP) is currently acting as both an advisor and a training arm for Click Medical by training 40-60 orthopedic technicians each week on the usage and application of Click Medical’s Casting Kit.
Key Benefits of Boa® Closure System:
· Micro-adjustable Boa reel provides approximately 1MM of incremental adjustment for precision fit
· Smooth, even closure with no pressure points
· Low profile design: free of straps, ratchets and fasteners
· Ability to operate with one hand provides an ideal solution for stroke patients and others with limited dexterity or hemiparesis
· Adjustability of the Boa Closure System makes fabrication more straightforward for difficult to fit patients
· Ease of use and increased control of the fit leads to better patient compliance
About Boa® Technology:
With offices in Denver, Colo., Austria, Hong Kong, China, and Japan, Boa Technology Inc., is the creator of the award-winning, patented Boa® Closure System. The revolutionary Boa Closure System, backed by the Dialed In For Life Guarantee, optimizes product design and enables a more “dialed-in fit”. The ultimate result is superior performance and a level of customizable comfort never before experienced in the sports and medical industry. VisitBoaTechnology.com for more information.
About Click Medical:
Based in Steamboat Springs, Colo., Click Medical develops innovative medical solutions using Boa Technology components. Click Medical solutions make it simple for practitioners, technicians or central fabricators to integrate Boa components into superior functioning, custom orthotics, casting, and prosthetic sockets. Click patients are empowered to easily adjust, don/doff, and properly fit their medical devices resulting in daylong comfort and excellent performance. VisitClickMedical.co for more information.